Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Am Not a Wedding Photographer.

Let me preface this by stating that I am NOT a wedding photographer.  I am a portrait photographer that has occasionally shot a wedding.  Weddings on a regular basis, dealing with tons of unknown variables, changing conditions, large groups of people, events that you only get one shot at, and those events being attached to someone else's very special memories is a pressure I'm not fond of.  On top of all that you can have weeks and weeks of editing hundreds of photos, making people look their very best.  It's hard.  It's very hard, which is why I have great respect for those that do it for a living and why I understand the large fees they charge.  I have only shot a handful of weddings and only for friends (or relatives of friends) that understand my limits and reservations.  BUT, I will say that I do love being a part of someone's special day.  That part of things I enjoy, I get to vicariously experiences their happiness through my cameras lens.  It's beautiful.  So despite my not being a wedding photographer I am proud of the work that has come from the few I've been a part of.






No comments:

Post a Comment