Monday, March 25, 2013

Bump Ahead

It's funny, I've spent much of my photography career, and the years preceding it with these ideas of what I might do with my talent.  Some people dream these big dreams of traveling the world as a photojournalist, or  shooting high fashion in Milan and Paris, or doing intense social issue pieces fit for table top books (do they even make those anymore?), and while those are all noble feats, and the travel part of the first two appeals to me greatly (I've got to get out more), it's just not where my heart is.  And while I'm being honest, it's not where my strength lies.  My strength lies is helping families create images that they will love and cherish and, dare I say, pass on.  Photos for mounting on the living room wall or above an babies crib.  How I do this is two fold.  First off, I simply just keep honing the skills I was born with.  I will never stop learning and growing, or feeling like I need to.  Second, I put people at ease.  I make stiffs shoulders relax, I coax out natural smiles, I am fantastic at working with stubborn or feisty children (yup, I'm tooting my own horn) and somewhere in all of that I capture some truth, and it's beautiful.  And I feel fully satisfied as a photographer getting to do this type of work.

With that lengthy introduction, here's what I did this weekend.  I'm especially proud of this shoot.  I ♥ this family.




No comments:

Post a Comment