Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yup, Me Too!

I'm going to make a confession.  I'm nervous too.

Yup, when I'm on a shoot with you, I'm nervous.  I'm worried about everything from my camera glitching to my computer crashing, anything and everything that could go wrong between the time I book your shoot to the time you e-mail me that you received your CD and you're happy with the results is running through my head.  I feel like every shoot is my first, even though I've been doing this for years.  I feel like I'm not worthy, even though my body of work and my reputation says otherwise.  I worry that I'm overestimating myself, underestimating myself, etc.  It all runs through my head.  Then I take a breath, review my work, and it all runs right back out again.

I hope I never loose all of that anticipatory energy.  I like that it keeps me grounded and continuously striving to do better, to raise the bar.  I like that it makes me feel a sense of appreciation toward my clients.  I like that it denies hubris and adds a bit of humanity to all of my art.

So rest assured, when you show up for a shoot, and you're not sure what to do, and you're nervous and feel all self-conscience... so do I!  I may be composed and I do know what I'm doing, but I'm not going to lie, I still feel butterflies every time I shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment