Friday, February 15, 2013

Gearing Up

I recently suffered a re-injury of my right knee and that combined with all the changes for my family (including a relocation over the Narrows bridge, which sometimes feels like a world away) I have only been shooting sporadically and typically only things that have specific time lines, i.e. pregnancy (babies wait for no photographer).  This all has me feeling a little angsty, a little hobbled.  It's hard to see the sun come shinning through the mini forest outside in my back yard and want to pick up my camera and just go shoot!  Only to realize I must restrain myself.  Bummer x 10.

In light of all of that super bummerness happening (yes, I'm aware that's not an actual word), things are finally starting to look up!  My range of movement is returning, the weather is staying mild, and I will have some new gear to test out within the month (so super excited about that).  I can't even begin to explain how happy this makes me.  I have missed shooting so much, and while I love my little mister, I'm looking forward to a broader range of subjects to put before my lens.

And I'll leave you with a few personal shots Jude and I did a week ago.  He really is a good little helper in regards to my photography so I can't complain.




On a side note, the last image is a SOOC (straight out of camera) shot.  The universe was in perfect harmony that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment